Sunday, January 13, 2013

Clutter IS a decorating style

Clutter IS a decorating style. In fact, it is my favorite style. There are two types of people; people who like a lot of stuff surrounding them and people who freak out when there is a lot of stuff around. What makes me feel safe and snuggled makes others claustrophobic and panicked. I have friends in both camps. At least 1/2 of my friends would like to bring over a dumpster. The other half live in homes that look similar to mine.

We all joke about hoarding but hoarding is different. Hoarding involves saving and protecting actual garbage, dead animals and fecal matter. I am not there yet. There is nothing about garbage, dead animals or fecal matter that makes me feel snuggled and safe....

1 Comments:

Blogger the weight of a letter said...

good point! I'm surrounded with what I call "clutter," but in fact it's all pieces of memories floating around the apartment. Sometimes it's ok, because I want to be reminded of them... other times it's not, because I want to forget and move on. It's all a matter of perspective. I think there is such a thing as living in organized clutter.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home